Procedures for Public Attendance at a Board of Education Meeting
The maximum number of people who can attend a board of education meeting is twenty-five (25). This includes the Board of Education, Administration, and staff.
Public attendance at a board of education meeting will be handled in the following manner:
- The board, administration, and staff will be deducted from the 25 person maximum capacity.
- The remaining seats available will be displayed on the district’s website for each meeting.
- Any public member who wishes to attend in-person, must complete the “Request for In-Person Attendance” form located on the district website by 12:00pm the day of a scheduled board meeting.
- A lottery drawing will be held at 3:00pm the day of the scheduled board meeting of all the public parties interested in attending in- person who filled out a request prior to 12:00pm.
- The names chosen to attend in-person will be notified via email by 4:00pm on the day of the scheduled board meeting.
- Any public member interested in attending a board of education meeting in person must fill out a “Request for In-Person Attendance” for every meeting they wish to attend.
- The maximum attendance shall remain at twenty-five (25) until Governor Murphy changes Executive Order 173.