The Summer Assignment for September 2018 is attached and ready for download on this page. It is due on the first day of school!!!
Welcome to Mr. Chinskey's page! I enjoy teaching science partly because it is usually kids least favorite class, which makes it my job to change their perspective. If you are in my class, congrats, but be ready to work. If you relax, listen, and take clear notes than you will do great and find class rewarding.
Courses Taught: Physics, AP Biology
- Assistant Girls Soccer coach in the Fall
- Head Varsity Softball coach in the Spring
Personal (Little about me):
- "In 'west' Rockaway born and raised, on the playground was where I spent most of my days."
- Graduate of Morris Knolls High School. Varsity member of baseball and winter track teams. Also played club hockey.
- Drew University Class of 2006. Major in Biology with minors in Chemistry and History
(A little more about me)
- Reigning and defending Teacher Of the Month for November (Let's face it, the king of months)
- Favorite sports teams --> Mets, Rangers, Jets, and University of Michigan athletics
- Favorite Food (dinner) --> Tie b/w sushi and turkey dinner with all the fix-in's
- Favorite Food (any) --> Brownie sundae with mint choc chip and coffee ice cream, whipped cream, hot fudge, peanut butter sauce, walnuts, and 3 cherries...not 1, 3 cherries
- Favorite scientists --> Charles Darwin and Robert Oppenheimer
- High Bowling score --> 222
- If I could have dinner with any 5 people from history --> Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Bill Clinton, Napoleon Bonaparte, Cleopatra, and Meriwether Lewis of Lewis and Clark... but not Clark.
- If I could have dinner with any 5 athletes from history--> Mike Piazza, Mark Messier, Wayne Gretzky, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Babe Ruth
- If I could have dinner with any 5 "infamous" people from history --> Pancho Villa, Jack the Ripper, Vlad the Impaler, Al Capone, and Wild Bill
*** If you ever have any questions (class, sports, life) than come stop by and ask. I am usually found in room 211, faculty room, softball/soccer field, or wherever Mr. Orsini or Mr. Hornby is.
...rest under further construction